
Does it get any better than a weekend, eating, shopping, walking, spending time with family, and seeing Broadway shows? I just can't think of anything more fun?! We just don't get those types of experiences in Cali and the weather couldn't have been better! As a matter of fact, Elyse was upset because she packed her pea coat, thinking that the evenings would be cool, and she never wore it! That is wasted suitcase space! And let me tell you...we needed it. We shopped so much that now it is a little like eating too many doughnuts! I can't say Mall without feeling a little throw up in the back of my throat! We had many fun experiences but a few funny ones stand out! Leave it to Elyse to make the shuttle ride from the airport to the hotel an "experience". By the time the last couple was dropped off, we knew where they were from, how many children, whether or not this was their first trip, what shows they were seeing, how they felf about the Pope visiting, what stage in pregnancy they were, etc. The van was silent for a few (precious) moments and Camden piped in from the back seat (which we forgot was even with us!) and said "What does Female peep show mean?" Needless to say, Elyse started another conversation at just the right moment and I don't think that Camden's question ever got answered! Camden experienced everything that NY had to offer including the subway, homeless people, shopping, Serendipity (frozen hot chocolate!), plays, real NY bagels and pizza, bike taxi's, Central park (she had to see where Enchanted was filmed), FAO Schwartz, American Girl Store, the Statue of Liberty, and every form of language that exists! Little Mermaid was typically wonderful Disney. The new songs added just the right touch to make it fresh and new. They floated around on healey's, which was fun to watch...but Mary Poppins was beyond words!! It was first rate, eye popping, good laugh, wonderful music, incredible stage sets, and over the top dance numbers! It was BROADWAY!!
2 comments:
I'm so jealous! Next time you people plan one of these trips, let me know in advance so I can come too!!! Mom, told me all about the trip and I'm so glad that you got her to buy so much! She was cleaning out her closet (finally!) so that she would have room to put it all. Glad you guys had fun!
I CAN'T BELIVE YOU WENT TO NY AND DIDN'T TAKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant belive you guys :P(thats a guy sticking his tounge out in case you didnt know)
Post a Comment