6.29.2008

I'm not bragging!

I realize that it has been a while since I blogged but school just got out and we got back from vacation and it all was a bit too much!! But I can't let this experience pass without BRAGGING!!! My oldest daughter, Elyse, has been singing since the womb. I've just gotten really used to the sound of it and so, to me, she has always sung beautiful. But I've watched enough American Idol episodes to know that there are millions of families out there that truly believe that their child can sing, and they really can't! She has sung in church forever but she just got an opportunity to sing for Tyler Castleton, who writes the majority of the songs that she always sings! Needless to say, this was a huge opportunity for her. The song is for EFY 2009 and if they pick her, she will get to sing it on the official CD. If you want major details go to my sister, Nikki's, blog! She got to go (I'm soooo jealous) But I got the CD, so there! Here it is!!!!!!



In the future, you'll have to go through me (her agent) if you want better bday presents! And for future songs even the family will have to purchase....she is reading this over my shoulder and is now panicked that I've jinxed this...so I'll sign out now.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

OK, i'm a little confused. Were you trying to put a copy of the song on the blog? And I hate to break it to you, but I downloaded the song onto itunes, so I have it, too. I've been listening to it all day. In fact, I went to Jenny Phillips website and listened to the sample and thought Elyse sang it WAY better!

Rob and Elyse said...

hahah thanks auntie! and yes, i am trying to put it on the blog for my mom and i cant get it to work!

Hermana Law said...

Okay so I am a little slow and just listened to it and sat and sob while watching the video with the music, what an amazing voice and to think she is related to me.

Love ya
Jen