6.10.2008

AHHH...the life!





Well...it doesn't get any better than this! What a terrible thing we did by going on vacation and then coming back to 10 days of school left!! We are MEAN parents. But I will say this, what a great vacation it was! This was a very first trip with no "babies". We actually did grown up things like hiking and kayaking and helicopter flying and dinners out and surfing and staying up way too late and sleeping in way too long and not worrying about naptime (except for Dad). The kids travel so well and really made it easy for us. I will say, however, that they are way more expensive than they ever were before! They've discovered that there is a whole world out there to explore and those Hawaiins saw us coming a mile away. It costs money to cross the street!! We had to rent 7 of everything...buy 7 of everything...entertain 7 of everything. No more buying one little treat that makes them happy. They want EXPERIENCES! All I can say is...sorry, Glenn. Looks like you are officially never able to retire!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh, man. I'm so jealous! I'm so ready to go back to Hawaii! Although, I heard that all was not great in paradise! At least you guys got to have a lot of great family time.

gr8apey said...

We never had to deal with any family drama. We did our thing and they did theirs!! It was great.