11.16.2009

Fetish

some people have foot fetish's, while others have a fetish for hair, food, animals, etc. i have discovered i have a fetish for stealing furniture. i don't steal, but my kids swear i do. several of them have been with me over the years as i have "discovered" a new way of shopping. i just have a knack for finding some of the funnest stuff on the side of the road. first it was a chaise lounge that has since seen new fabric, then it was twin tables for rob and elyse and now this. imagine my suprise, as i was driving my mom and i to choir practice yesterday! (yes, i get the irony of driving to a "hallowed" event and then stealing furniture...but it wasn't stealing) this beauty was just sitting in the woods. yes, it could have belonged to a homeless man, who just wandered off to a more private place to "take care of business". but i like to think that i was picking up litter. just wait until this gets painted and reupholstered! it will be darling. now if i could just find two really great, carved, full beds on the side of the freeway!


4 comments:

Camden McCusker said...

And that is for my room yahhhh i just don't want to know what has been on it yuck!!!!!

Nikki said...

ok that's a GREAT chair, but I have to say, I'm kind of with Camden on this one. I'm not sure I want to know what's been on that. Especially, if you stole it from a homeless man.

meeshw said...

hahaha...I like Camdens comment...I did not know you had this fetish...very interesting, but for some reason I am having no trouble picturing it...you are WAY to creative to let discarded furniture go unclaimed...can't wait to see the 'after' photo...

shawna henrie said...

omgosh april, we are two peas in a pod!! i would have done the same thing. i rescued a chair from my neighbors trash...now in edens room, and i have numerous craigslist items skattered in my house..i think i have your same illness. is it contagious?