3.19.2008

1st one's first

well well well... if it isn't my mother on her own blog! I didn't think I would ever see the day! Hi fellow bloggers, my name is Elyse and I am the oldest of the Mccusker Clan (age 20). I figured it would be most appropriate for me to start out this blogging tradition, and hopefully by the end of this phenomena, all my siblings will get their chance at a shout out. I really don't have much to say, but I knew that if I didn't post something on this blog soon(I definitely created it for her because shes not that technically savvy), we might not see any postings... but shes been surprising me. I figured that with all of us writing on here we should have a distinct plan as to how our posts will be going. As for my mothers posts...I will be laughing just as hard as all of you as far as what she writes. For us kids however, I wanted to get some questions together to help you know us better.. or really for us to know each other better. Some are serious.. because that's just how I am, but then some are very stupid.. but necessary. So yes, here's a little about me.. A 20 year old college student who has no time to blog, but does it anyways!

1. What is your favorite book?
Gosh... When I think about books I could go on forever because that is my favorite pass time. I think my favorite would have to be the Twilight series. If you haven't read them yet.. you sure have to! But rest assured, they aren't for everyone. My mom tried to get into them and didn't really think they were great. Then there is me..I stayed up till 4am some nights because I couldn't put them down. The 4th comes out in august and I am itching to get my hands on it!! No other books have been able to hold my interest like those have..
2. Any weird quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, etc.?
My boyfriend would be better equipped to answer this! I have a horrible habit of picking off my mascara when I get too tired.. and then rubbing it off onto whichever pajama shirt I am wearing at the time! It used to be my bed sheets.. but Ive tried to control myself!
3. What is your best memory?
I cant seem to pick and choose between memories.. or even label them as being good or bad or the best. My best memories are those when I laughed so hard I cried.. or when I am so happy that I am moved to tears. I love those moments.
4. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Every one's opinions about this are different, but mine is rather simple. I think a successful life involves passion, whether that be your job, your children, your spouse, or all of the above. I feel as though a life without passion has no direction. You have to really live for something, and be happy about it every single day you wake up. I always like to be happy and feel purpose, and without having a passion that's driving me.. motivation gets hard to find. Passion, to me, makes life successful.
5. Who is the most important person in your life and why?
This is a really hard one to answer because its hard to chose just one person. My parents are obviously very important to me for many different reasons, but of course Collin. He's my best friend.. we laugh, we cry, we yell, we smile... I cant imagine life without him. He knows me better than I know myself. He's so important to me because he helps me be a better version of myself.. hes supportive and he encourages me when I cant find the strength to put on that smile, or to walk into that room..
6. Do you care what others think of you?
I wish I could say no, but it definitely depends on the person.. and I'm getting better!
7. What is your most treasured possession?
My books.
8. What is your idea of good entertainment?
Musicals!! I go to a lot of classical concerts that I have really enjoyed. Anything involving theatre.
9. What is your greatest strength as a person?
The ability to feel what others feel.. to put myself in their shoes and then act accordingly in helping them. I feel way too much.
10. Is it easier to forgive or forget?
For me, forget. I can forgive on a dime.. but to forget is extremely difficult.
11. Do you squeeze toothpaste from the middle or the end of the tube?
The middle, and everywhere else.. my toothpaste is a mess!
12. Best vacation you've been on?
Paris!! and new york.. the plays were incredible!
13. If you could own a non-traditional pet, which would it be?
Penguin! or dolphin.. I cant decide
14. If you were to chose a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I haven't ever thought about it because my name is so different as it is.. but it would be something romantic like Gwendolyn... and no that's not for brownie points among the grandpa (haha)
15. Four movies you could watch over and over
Serendipity, While you were Sleeping, Ever After, Transformers
16. What was the last song you sang when no one was around?
When am I not singing even with people around me? It was in the shower.. I think it was something from Dream Girls
17. Whats your favorite ice cream?
I don't eat ice cream, but Golden Spoon's Mounds Bar is my fav!
18. If you were a crayon color, what would you be?
Macaroni, just because I have always found it funny that there was a crayon like that
19. What scares you?
Heights
20. Whats your favorite thing about your mom/dad?
My favorite thing about my mom is that we can laugh together and just talk about meaningless things. I like that she is my best friend, that's always a comfort. My favorite thing about my dad (Glenn) is that he never tries to be something hes not. He always lays it out on the line letting you know where he stands and that hes here.. that's such a great support. He's one of the constants in my life.. Always comforting to have someone you know will never change; they'll always love you, and they wont ever leave.... they'll even call you if you ask them too.

0 comments: