I must say that spring is my favorite time of year! I have a beautiful wisteria plant that is right outside my kitchen window and it makes my dishwashing more tolerable! I've replanted my two large pots on either side of my front door and my white roses are starting to bud and bloom...but the best part of spring this year was our brand new baby chicks!! I know, I live in suburban orange county and NO ONE raises hens around here...well, I have a good friend who used to and my dad grew up doing just that and so I forged ahead and made it happen. I will keep you posted if this works or if it is another really dumb April idea. So far, we are in love.
Everyone (10 of them) have a name...we have no idea how we are going to continue to tell them apart...but we figure it really won't matter that much. Cross your fingers that we don't come downstairs and find any tragedies...Caelum would die!
The easter bunny got real creative and hid everyone's baskets! Avery was the only one that got the short end of the stick. His was in a tree and by the time he knocked it down all of his candy fell out. Ten second rule is the BEST!! I hope everyone had a beautiful easter. We miss our family so much during these times!
4.13.2009
HAPPY EASTER!
Posted by gr8apey at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ok, I just saw Camden not too long ago, but here she is looking SO GROWN UP! Oh, man, April, you are in for so much trouble with her. The boys will be beating the door down.
the big number "10" is right around the corner...six years to go until there are no more excuses as to why I chase all those boys off...thank goodness Glenn is soooo mean...he will be hard to get past!
cant wait for those eggs, and hopefully no casualties. not like my beast of a mamma hen who killed many of my poor little chickens. man, she was mean. i am sure you will have better luck. despite my bad fortune with her, we were able to have a wonderful flock for a few years, with lots of fresh eggs. the kids still talk about the experience. the novelty of gathering home grown eggs never wears off!!
Happy Birthday, K! I heard you had a great party last night! We wish we could have been there! We love you!
Post a Comment