8.12.2009

Here comes the bride!


What a fun way to start a wedding. Elyse was VERY nervous that NO ONE was going to show up at her bridal shower. I've been to a baby shower before where there were 5 of us...so I know the feeling. You never know in the middle of summer what will happen but I am happy to report that she was on cloud 9! She had such an overwhelming amount of support and got to see friends that she hasn't seen for a while...dear childhood friends that made the extra trip!


Jenny Evans was so nice to throw this for her. She has known me since we were teenagers and she has known Elyse since she was just a young girl, so it was wonderful to be able to be around so many people that have see Elyse grow up!





Food, presents, and gabbing. Does it get any better than that. Of course Camden was upset that people were talking while Elyse was opening presents. She felt they should give Elyse their undivided attention!

And of course when Elyse got up to greet some new people, I stepped in to keep the unwrapping from being interupted! She'll never know if she got ALL the gifts...I just may keep a few. Who says that the bride gets to have all the fun!

And what would a bridal shower be without the lingerie!

4 comments:

Rob and Elyse said...

HAHAHAH MY FACE ON THAT LAST ONE IS PRICELESS!! hahah im so happy that was caught on camera!! and look at camdens face too hahahah wow!

Rob and Elyse said...

and ps. michelle... the angle really did help our chins hahah i will have to keep that trick in mind more often!

meeshw said...

haha Elyse...I have more tricks you can do too :)...
What a great time! Loving your face (Elyse) in the last photo...April you and your girls look wonderful...we loved being around all of you...thanks for the great time...

shawna henrie said...

aww, thanks for the update...i was so sad i could not attend, but looks as if you guys had a great time...and yes, i will be another one who gives some lingerie...although i have vetoed aenon picking it out...she would have come up with something especially raunchy!! haha

so glad this night was so fun AND well attended!!