9.29.2009

Challenge


so ian and avery and i are all alone in the mornings for carpool...i LOVE it. they keep me laughing. we have some of the best conversations. yesterday, our conversation revolved around challenges. not necessarily bad challenges. challenges that make us stretch and grow. challenges that we take on instead put upon. i decided, and announced out loud (with ian and avery that is a death sentence because they will hold me to it) that i would take down my road bike and try biking around the coto loop. i haven't been on a bike since our FABULOUS trip to vermont. i really love to bike, i am just very intimidated by the cars and roads around here. but a challenge was set forth and i am happy to announce that i successfully completed the coto loop, all 12 miles, without being hit or falling or swearing. no that is not a picture of me, but i would never happily pose for one in those terrible helmets! i did have to come up with a few chants for those awful hills that seem to be both directions, but i made it. now the real challenge is whether or not i'll do it again.

4 comments:

shawna henrie said...

awesome april!! and yes, you were a champ on those vermont hills. beat us all...i think you could have even kept up with chuck...and thats sayin a lot!! i think i need to resurrect some of those photos and post about our very fun trip!! you go girl!! just dodge those range rovers!

Nikki said...

Good for you! Except now, Scott is going to REALLY bug me about getting on that bike. Unless I want to drag two kids behind me, it's not happening for a while.

meeshw said...

I am impressed! Way to go...I feel out of breath after walking around the loop that goes from the kitchen to the living room thru the hall and back to the kitchen...:)
I would love to ride a bike I think...I also would love to see photos of your Vermont trip...

ScottJ said...

I will have to learn that loop so I can ride it when ever we are out there.