9.03.2009

Family Meeting

as most of my family will tell you, this summer has been one long yard project. little did we know when we started cleaning for this wedding that it would lead to fired gardners and a complete yard renovation. between sprinkler repair, 36 yards of mulch and soil, hundreds of lightbulb replacements, 49 bags of raked leaves, 3 seperate trips to the nursery swearing EACH time that we aren't coming back, we are beginning to wonder if we should put the house up for sale because it will never look this good again. however, we have come up with a happy solution. glenn and i decided that after one particular hard day, we needed a family meeting. needless to say, after we pushed the last child in the pool, fully clothed, and then we joined them (tennis shoes and all) the meeting was adjourned. ian commented that night that it was the best day of his life. oh, ian.






4 comments:

Camden McCusker said...

hahahaah funny mom that was a fun time good times good times

meeshw said...

that's awesome...can't wait to see the backyard...feeling so grateful at the moment that I am not the one putting on a wedding...thinking better you than me...aren't I such a supportive friend...yep...

shawna henrie said...

i am so glad you are a second family to my son, since we still have a gardner and a pool man and a guy who washes our cars. good thing YOU are teaching him what work REALLY is. so my heartfelt thanks for including hunter in these fun family activites...although i am sure hunter is NOT appreciative!! (naw, i know he had fun the few times he was worked to death-haha)

Nikki said...

wish I had a pool so I could push my kids in it, too. Very therapeutic, I would think.