5.15.2009

Mothers Day

I've learned long ago to not expect perfection on Mother's Day. Remember those days when you were a new mom and you seriously thought that birds would chirp all day and everything would be over the top perfect. Everyone would wake up for church on their own. They would all take out matching outfits and make you a wonderful breakfast in bed. Everyone would get to church on time with NO arguments and all their socks would match and you would have a great hair day and everyone who sees you at church would think that you have it ALL together because they all are so happy to be there and celebrate you. Yes, those fantasy days are gone. I've given that up LONG ago. But the reality is my mothers day, ever since I've left the fantasy behind, has only gotten better. We've made a tradition of making lunches and going down to the beach and sitting on the grass overlooking the sand and having a picnic. The kids had a tough time at first when they realized that we actually weren't GOING to the beach, but they have since learned to really enjoy it. I get to bring my camera (which is a rarity) and take some really great pictures and then we get my annual mother's day walk in because we go to the end of the pier and back. Who could ask for anything more! Definitely not me.


2 comments:

shawna henrie said...

it's these kind of activities everyone remembers anyway. for this reason you also need to keep that van!! carson (hunter too) tells me all about the fun trips in that van!!! just a simple ride to somewhere is fun. tell glenn he cannot get rid of that thing. see, simple is better. less is more, but in regards to that van, large and in charge rules!! (dont know how i got on the subject of your van!! haha)

gr8apey said...

if I have my say...the rolling turd stays! I agree. The ugliest, yet most practical car ever!!