5.03.2009

My "baby" is gone


Where did that time go? I know everyone says that...but I'm really feeling it. I really do remember getting that phone call and dropping EVERYTHING (we were moving on that exact day!) and getting on a plane to go watch Caelum come into the world. I remember every vivid detail and I refuse to believe that it really has been 6 (wonderful) years. I'm sounding old. Caelum's birthday fell on the same day as his school field trip to the zoo. The best part was, he really felt like they canceled class just for his birthday and all got to get on a bus and see animals! Am I a stellar mom or what? I didn't correct him when he said it, either!! As always, I could hang out with this kid all day. He has a way about him, in the way he talks to me, that is sooo endearing. He is CONSTANTLY telling me I'm wonderful and fun and he never wants to leave me...who wouldn't want to hang out with that all day?! I'm just getting myself ready for the day when he turns around and doesn't look back...that's gonna hurt! We then celebrated that night with the family and Caelum picked out different animal cupcakes for everyone!


1 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday! I love that the whole school got to go to the zoo for Caelum's birthday! How special is that?!